Rip-Off-Scams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exposing the Internet scams and Fraud sites like Paid Surveys, Paid emails, Mystery Shopping, eBook Scams and so on.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SurveySpot - UPDATE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

SurveySpot - UPDATE Empty
PostSubject: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 1:52 am

They will send you a few survey opurtunities daily. They will be for a sweepstake.
Click the link and goto the survey page. On the first page of the survey (maybe second) they will ask if you work for any of the below feilds. Pick one! that will disqualify you from the survey, BUT will take you to the page where you have a lottery ticket and slot machine. Choose one of them and scratch or pull the handle and see how many sweepstake entries you get!

For the last 2 months, I have on average 1000 entries into their sweepstakes!

Hey, thats the least I can do for all the spam they send me!

So On this one, do sign up and use it as I suggest, DO use a seperate gmail email addy for the spam to goto.

Remember with Gmail, you have a at least 10 gmail addies. So make a special gmail email addy just for surveyspot and watch the spam roll in.

They must read this forum, out of the blue, I get an invitation for a REAL survey that pays $5.00! take 5 to 6 weeks to be put into my account after I completed the survey.
It was about watching TV.
Now lets see if I start getting spam mail about TV stuff!

Last edited by on Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rip-off-scams.rpg-board.net
Sally

PostSubject: Re: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:20 am

This is one of the few sites I actually earn money at and get products to test.

I don't know about the junk mail though ....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 1:21 am

thats why I had to update it. Seems at first I was getting swamped by the spam and surveys that led to sales pages. Now I actually get some decent surveys. I got a 3 dollar one last night And 4 more yesterday that were sweepstake only. But yeah, they seem to have more than any other I tried.
Back to top Go down
DJASSASSIN

PostSubject: Re: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 4:36 pm

Yes they are real. Have been a member for at least 5 years. Was being spammed by one of the survey companies I belong to and because of this changed my email address with only the companies I felt were valid. SurveySpot was one of the few that made the cut. Since opening the new email account [open for about a year as of this date] I have had no spam to deal with!! With this in mind I can honestly state SurveySpot is a valid company. In addition, they are one of the very few survey sites that actually payout fairly well...at least for me! Have made approximately $700 this year with them. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:15 pm

They do have a few real surveys, ACtually send you through ups.surveyrouter.com which alot of the survey sites do. But in general they spam the heck out of sales letters for anything from "I can hook you up with this" to "Heres a great money making oppurtunity!" I received at least 5 emails from them yesterday I have no problem sharing about such articles.
I get at least 4 emails a day from other companies saying to sign up with for various stuff that happens to have my email that I use for surveyspot.
I actually did a $5.00 survey for them 2 days ago for "automobile" data. Now that email address has extended warranty, insurnace, and xm radio junk mail coming in.

I use a seperate gmail address for each survey place I use.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:10 pm

heres a perfect example of their practices...
survey about Topic: Purchases you've made recently.

I took the survey yesterday and at the end it asks for your address. But This morning in my surveyspot email account, I had 3 emails about extended warranties and a couple insurance emails. The day isnt over yet! lol

Like I say, In my opinion I might get 3 out of 10 that are actual BUT almost each of those gets me spam that is "conveniently" related to the survey I took.
The one a couple days ago, I got was a $5.00 survey and then after 25 minutes and at 99% of completion was told they had enough response and thanks for my time, Then I was routed back to surveyspot for the chance for a drawing in the sweepstakes.
Yes I have made some money from them. I will hold to the fact of ALWAYS use a seperate email for them.

I just checked my folder, Appears I have done 6 "paying" surveys, but only been credited for one. They say that I did not qualify for all the other ones. They say they pool surveys from everyone and even though you "complete" a survey, you still may not get paid for the survey if the company doesnt feel you passed the demo that they are looking for.
In plain english, When I worked for Datacorp years ago. We would poll for major companies. A company would hint what at the results they were looking to get. So we would do a 1000 test pols, then we would group the best 500 that would sway towards the companies main goal. Its an age old marketing ploy. Thats the main reason I pay no attention to anyone "statistics" Stats are made upon what is actually wanted, not of actuall results.

I remember at datacorp one survey we went as far as having close to 10,000 responses just to turn over 500 that were in the companies favor. Of course the company at their meeting said nothing about the 10,000 people just picked and chosen the ones that would make their point proper. Sad to say, That is still in practice today.

Heres how much I actually made from surveyspot taken right off the site..
" Survey ID Date Reward Type Payment Type Amount
New Five Dollar Entertainment Survey
260733 12/14/07 Survey Reward Check $5.00

Summary of rewards by payment type

Payment Type You Have Minimum Amount* Eligible for Payment
Check $5.00 $5.00 YES"

Thats the only cash survey out of all of them I taken and passed that I am getting paid for.
Last week I took 2 $5.00 surveys and one $3.00 survey for them. Although at the end of the survey it all looked good. I in the end according to surveyspot didnt have the demographic the company was seeking.

So stay on top of the company and keep detailed track of the surveys you take.

Also, take note of the general overall scheme of the auctions, and then notice the emails you start receiving.

I do recommend signing up with them. BUT with an email only for them.

And also, as for the most recent "spending habit" survey I took where they wanted my address, I bet within a week I start getting mail at home that is about new product warranties. I will post back later if and when that happens.
Back to top Go down
DJASSASSIN

PostSubject: Re: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 12:39 pm

As mentioned in my initial post I have set up a new mail box with companies that I deemed to be legit. Survey Spot seemed to be a "clean" company and as such made the cut into my new email address. To admin: I do not understand how you are receiving spam and I am not...not one piece has been sent to my new address which by the way was opened a few months ago because my previous email address [which is still open] was saturated with spam. So much that I would receive approx. 500 spam messages a day. Became so overwhelming I decided to open a new account as previously mentioned and have not received ANY spam whatsoever!! Nice to be able to look at the IN box and not have to sort through junk!! Anyway, Below are the companies that made the cut into my new email address where I have yet to receive any spam:
Greenfield Online [No real paying surveys other than the bogus sweepstakes entry they keep claiming to enter me in].
SurveySpot
Feedback
Harris Poll Online
E Poll
Buzzback!
Lightspeed
Zoom Panel
Testspin
Synovate
Mindfield
Opinion Outpost
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:12 pm

actually surveyspot has slowed down to almost none for spam now. I do get about 25 a week saying "we thought you would like in on this opportunity" and it will be to join something or get me to sign up for something. Its generally after I have completed a survey. And its always from the admin of surveyspot. Next one I get I will post the email here.

Seems since the first of the year I have not had one paid survey. But been asked to take more than 30 surveys, all for "prize drawing"
I have taken more than 40 dollars worth of surveys and COMPLETED only to not have them show up and then get told "Yes, you complleted the survey but the company after reveiewing the survey results did not feel it met their demographics. But you at least got entered into the sweepstakes!"

So I have been taken for these surveys. Was told I would get paid but the company threw out the survey.

You can goto there site and take survey after survey! I went thru the list yesterday and started to 9 different ones only to see not one was a paid survey so i passed.
I am still hoping but I think their mission has changed as have many of the survey companies this year.

Greenfield used to be a great company. I am still a member. BUT their IT dept is a joke. Go read their forum, people getting sick of taking surveys just to get to the end and be told, no go. Plus OTX surveys on Greenfield NEVER are paid surveys!
OTX was the worst! so I thought! I contact OTX and find out I can join their panel. I do and guess what, you get paid for each and every survey you take there! And they are the same surveys you take on greenfield!

I agree with your list.
You have one listed that is a perfect example of what I am saying about get paid from the same survey greenfield doesnt pay for.
Take some survey's for testspin and you will notice half of them goto greenfield. Even has the "help@greenfield" email on bottom.
You take the survey, testspin rewards you. You take that same survey on greenfield and get a sweepstake drawing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: DJassasin - read please!   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:34 am

hey, maybe when the first of the year started surveyspot decided to try something different.

Since the first of the year, I have had not peice of spam that came from them. I do get 3 to 5 durcyes a day. bout 1 out of 20 might actually be for cash. I have had 2 cash surveys since jan 1.
So I am moving them into the real area now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SurveySpot - UPDATE   SurveySpot - UPDATE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SurveySpot - UPDATE
Page 1 of 1