Rip-Off-Scams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exposing the Internet scams and Fraud sites like Paid Surveys, Paid emails, Mystery Shopping, eBook Scams and so on.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sorry I've not been around.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WhoMe42

Sorry I've not been around. Empty
PostSubject: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I haven't given up on this board! I got pretty sick and my PC died. We had a couple of very hot days and it was too much for me and my PC, but at least I managed to survive.

Will be a little while before I am fully up to speed again. I have a LOT of reinstalling to do! Oh... what fun awaits me! (NOT!)

Actually... I suspect this XP install is flakey (that happens sometimes. Part of the mystery of Windoze!) So, I think I'll reinstall it tomorrow. *sigh*

My friend in Chicago who was interested in this forum has a nasty cold and infection. It's seems so weird... She's freezing, and I'm melting! *shaking head* Smile

On a more forum related note... Wink My friend here and I have been looking into e-Bay trading. We made a couple buys and sold at a good profit before my PC died. She borrowed a friends notebook to keep going. Smile The other thing I am interested in is affiliate marketing (with legit companies products!) I have looked at a few of those 'Affiliate marketing experts' sites with the RR, MRR & PLR stuff, even signed up at a few (that were free) to see what they were all about. Hmmm! I am sure there are a lot of mugs out there that would buy what they offer... not sure I want to go that way! A few examples are Ed Loh (Resell Rights Mastery), David Zohar (Grid Marketing), and Cody Moya...

I did high level sales & marketing some years ago and had to attend various related courses. One course which I did find very useful, was 'Customer Needs Analysis'. I helped my confidence a lot, and with my engineering background, allowed be to see thinks through the eyes of the prospect. Smile My sales record improved dramatically.

I plan to check out everything carefully. I'll post what I find as I go if you are interested. I'd be interested in anyones thoughts about any of this also. Smile

Thanks again,
Cheers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 1:19 am

sorry to hear about the pc and yourself! And yes, do keep us informaed about the marketing.
One thing I did find when I did the internet marking was it takes money to make money. Use of google adwords is about the only way to get out there ahead of the competition. All the keywords in the world wont get your site noticed.
You can get all those books free, just use the clickbank trick I posted here to find them. There are a few out there that are actually factual.

Ever need any software to get your system back to par, just holler. I can give ya ftp access and grab what ya need.
Back to top Go down
https://rip-off-scams.rpg-board.net
Sally

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Sorry to hear you and your computer are not up to par! Hope you're both up and running full speed soon!

Have a great day!
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks Admin & Sally. Smile Hope you both are doing well also!

@ Admin: Yes, I am learning a lot about Adwords etc. I have a couple SEO books and a friend donated some SEO PHP scripts he'd been playing with. Should be interesting! I've just started playing with Joomla! Also. The 'net has come a LONG way since my first humble HTML site in '94! Thanks for the FTP offer. Smile I should be OK I think. Smile I have a lot of software also. I've worked in IT for a long time myself. Smile Just finished recently as Svc Dep't Manager for a large Apple Store chain (had to give it all up because of health). Used to have my own PC shop in the 80's & 90's (and was a distributor for Adobe and others).

I certainly do appreciate the kind offer though, and I may just need something. Smile

I stumbled across a blog called 'Marketers Choice' in my travels! He posted a lot of MRR, PLR goodies. But the site hasn't been updated since last August. Still, worth a look if you are interested. Google should find the way... Wink

@ Sally: At the moment, I am doing a lot better than my poor old PC! Very Happy I need to make some money so i can get a new one. Smile

Thanks again! Cheers. Smile

Oh... BTW, If you need any scripts or SEO tools or eBooks etc. I have many. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll upload it to my RS account, or provide links if available. if you want to know anything, PM or eMail me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Hey, you about torrents? I use Utorrent and have almost every seo book out there. Plus use that alexa clickbaank search method and you can find lots of that stuff that way also. lots of good reading.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Hey, heres a great tool for anyone looking to tweak theyre and or know what keywords are good to use.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:16 am

Ahhh... Thanks! Very Happy I like those kind of tools... Free! LOL And useful. Smile A good combination.

Yes, I use uTorrent also with some mod's (no leecher mod's though! I hate leechers!) Wink I have a very good list of working trackers if you want. Smile Also have an excellent IP Filter list and updater tool to keep safe from those nosy spammers and other annoying groups. Smile

It's fun finding out what each of us have and what we have in common. Smile

BTW, I use AIM, ICQ, Gtalk (and I think I have an MSN acc't somewhere)... Don't like MSN, too intrusive and SPAM is a real sod! Mind you AOL isn't much better, but I find it easier to keep clean with Pidgin or Trillian . My friends and I like Trillian because of the SecureIM and DirectIM features. Smile I like Pidgin because it's free, portable (I use ir on my USB key) and can use encryption also.

The timezone difference makes things difficult, but I have friends in the USA I chat with regularly. Usually late evening or early morning (East coast time). Smile

I just came across some s/w called SEO Elite 4. Haven't had time to look at it yet though. Smile It's on my to-do list! LOL

Thanks again! Very Happy Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:15 pm

yeah, I have the seo4, havent looked at it yet. went on an seo kick a month ago and did the download thing.
Sounds like we might be about the same with what we use.
I use peer guardian for ip filter. be surprised when not even using torrents how much traffic your ip can have.
the trackers, yeah, hehe, I have a custom list also. I see these guys throw up these sites and make private trackers. WHen i see a private tracker only I just enter my list to their tracker when trying to download and wala, I get past the private part. I refuse to signup with those private tracker sites. Look what happened to demonoid.
I used to run a UK board called Carlings FXP and then Times2fxp I am sure you know what the fxp is Smile
i still use yahoo messenger from time to time, but not much anymore. I have like over 500 contacts in that list when I ran those fxp boards. Every weekend I used to throw voice tutorials on fxp and "pubbing" just dont have the time anymore. ALthough I am still a freak about FTP. I think thats the only real way to get whats out there!
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:29 am

LOL This is all good. Smile

Yes, I was on an FXP board called F4 as a Mod until a few years ago when internal politics tore it apart! It's where I met my friend from Chicago actually. Smile She was a Mod also, and a SERIOUS BT geek!! She used to use PeerGardian some time ago, but now has her own filter list. Smile We were also on a UK board called LearnAll, and several others. LA disintegrated (as many did between 02-04), but I got an email some months ago that they are back and looking for some of the old members. I declined, I moved on. Smile

My Chi friend and I are only on 1 board now, they specialize in BT. It's a hybrid UK/US board called PhoenixTW. I'm a Global Mod there. It's a good community place, and they are trying hard to get decent members. Smile I think they are currently #2 in one of the Top BT sites list.

I recently moved onto ADSL2+ so I could set up a small FTP or DC++ server here to share with friends. 2+ gives me 1.2mbps up, 18.8mbps down. I had a lot to share, but I was sorting everything out to burn to DL DVD's, when the HDD suffered a major head crash and killed itself. I lost a lot. With mounting medical problems and expenses, I couldn't afford to mirror the data drive and paid the price. I have had nothing but trouble with WD drives, and when I was Svc Mgr, they were the ones that consistently caused customer problems. We only recommended Seagate or Hitachi.

I'll try to email you a list of what I have (SEO & Affil related for now) ASAP. If you see something interesting, I'll get it to you. Smile I'm busy the next couple days installing a new XP I just got on my PC and notebook. Smile

I think this will be good. Glad I came. Smile
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:57 am

Thats amazing! Yeah, I been running boards since before the internet. I started off in 1981 with a commodore and 300 baud modem. by 1985 I ran fxp boards up until a few years ago. The scene just got too nasty! Carlings, man, we had over 3000 users (Active!) but same thing, politics. I joined my original times2fxp with them to create a massive online experience. Search google, especially google groups for times2fxp and -=bedlam=- I have pub lists still listed from years back on there. lol
on the weekends we would go on massive scan hunts for pubs. Best one I ever found was a large church. after about a month, I left a note on his site with my email to get ahold of me. I explained to him we were using his server as a dump (man it was fast) he emailed me back and we worked out a deal where anything church releated I gave to him and he opted for the oc3 backbone!
Oh those were the days! You can still find all my ftp, fxp, scanning, and proxy tutorials all over the net.
I was in pwa before they went down. I was NWHQ of several groups back in the day. But I could see the times a changing and got out of all the groups. Thought about throwing another server up, but these isp's are so sensitive now. This weekend I will toss up an ftp and let ya come in and check out all the books I have, plus other access, I have 2 terrabyte on this machine alone. 8 terrabyte within 3 machines in my front room. so I think you can imagine why I said I probally have anything you need. Smile

ANd DC++, I love it! Fools use stuff like limewire, kazza, and all that junk. Real geeks jump into utorrent and dc++ I used to run saba for dc++ client, now run apex, damn sweet for memory and speed!
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Well, heck!! Sounds like we have a LOT in common! Very Happy

In the early 80's after I got tired of selling PC's (great money in those days!) I helped start a Modem design company here. I setup a BBS on 2 of the hottest new AT (286) I could find! We started with 16 lines and 1200 baud modems (though almost nobody had 1200 then! We were the first company to design a full 1200baud full-duplex modem. Smile But it had 300/300 & 300/75 fallback. BBS was called MIdnight BBS (I was Captain Midnight) LOL Ahhh... The good-ol-days! Wink A top AT with a 10MB HDD then cost about $6k! Young people don't believe me these days! lol

Until a few years ago when I got totally fed up with the scene crap and left, i was known as Wizard86. I use that now at PhoenixTW. I only ever became a member of private sites, never trusted the public ones (plus they were full of lamers & leachers anyway).

I'll PM you the details if you want to check it out. Smile Security is tight there, someone tried to hack us a few times, I set a trap and took care of it. Smile

We should hookup and chat. I think we can help each other out. Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:15 am

Yeah, I can remember phreaking phone calls to call long distance. AT$T used to have a number you could dial and login as anon with the password "worker007" that would open a telnet window and I could into areas that was a nono!
I rewrote telegard to make a multinode system. Then I rewrote Celerity and used it for years. You could log into it and through the matrix log into pcboard, telegard, or renegade and wwiv. I rewrote celerity to be front end for my other boards and my usenet door.
Man, I miss those days!
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 am

LOL Yeah... Phreaking! I built my own blue box. I got an apprenticeship with the local telco and learned a lot! Was so easy back then! LOL Was just a simple tone code to tell the exchange how to route the signal. LOT more complex these days!

I remember WWIV... and WWIVnet... Wayne Bell I think was the author. Smile

I used citadel on CP/M and a couple others. Used Apple II's as there was a very active BBS Apple network with a lot of good hardware and BBS software. Took a while for DOS to get near it. Smile Ended up getting an Acorn Archimedes PC because it was the first 32-bit PC I could get my hands on (And I was a dealer for Acorn!) LOL Then the DOS BBS market went insane... Used several packages back then... The last I used was USSR because it was the first to support 9600 & 14400. There weren't many people using it. I got it from a friend in the USA. Smile

I miss those days too. Was a lot of fun (and hard work) and I knew who I could trust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry I've not been around.   Sorry I've not been around. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry I've not been around.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rip-Off-Scams :: General Chat and Introductions :: General Chat about anything-
Jump to: