Rip-Off-Scams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exposing the Internet scams and Fraud sites like Paid Surveys, Paid emails, Mystery Shopping, eBook Scams and so on.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting rid of unwanted programs!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhoMe42

Getting rid of unwanted programs! Empty
PostSubject: Getting rid of unwanted programs!   Getting rid of unwanted programs! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi all,

Unwanted software on a PC can be a problem for various reasons.

1. You install a program and it doesn't work or doesn't do what you wanted.
2. You want to update a program you already have installed, and after installing a new version, it doesn't work properly. Or, the new version tells you to uninstall the old version first.
3. You like to try different programs, and your Start Menu is overflowing and your PC is getting slower and slower!
4. After a year or more, your PC is slow and it sometimes freezes or crashes for no reason, or when you try to run a specific program. (Note that this can also be caused by a virus or other malware, or something has damaged your windows installation).

Unfortunately, most programs simply use the standard uninstaller that comes with windows (or none at all). This will usually leave some or all of the program behind and simply remove the Start Menu link, or will delete the program from the disk drive, but leave a lot of entries in the Windows Registry that becomes bloated and slow over time, and many other issues.

I have tried several '3rd Party' (which simply means that it didn't come with Windows or from Micro$oft). and have found some to be good, and some just make things worse! The good news is, my favorite is completely FREE! Smile

Before you use it, make sure to take the time to read the information on the website and the included Help. Wink It's called Revo Uninstaller, and the website is:

Revo Uninstaller

I will post other good free software as and when I can. Smile

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! scratch WIth any luck... I may even be able to give you an answer! geek

Enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Getting rid of unwanted programs!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rip-Off-Scams :: Computer Chat :: Sotware Info and Questions-
Jump to: