Rip-Off-Scams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exposing the Internet scams and Fraud sites like Paid Surveys, Paid emails, Mystery Shopping, eBook Scams and so on.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy New Year to all!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Happy New Year to all! Empty
PostSubject: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:51 am

Beer is on me! pass it around!
Back to top Go down
https://rip-off-scams.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 11:59 am

Of course I only drink rootbeer so I guess I am the dedicated driver!
Back to top Go down
Sally

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks and a Happy New Year to all from me also.
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 7:32 pm

And a happy New Year from me also! Very Happy

We went to see the fireworks and it was still over 30C at midnight! But it was a great show! Very Happy

I can't drink alcohol, but I like ginger beer (a properly fermented, non-alcoholic one)! Laughing

Cheers all! Have a great day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 3:21 am

I live in Indiana so we can buy fireworks year round. We set off around $500 worth last night! I love those big big rockets!
lol
The naval base probally thought they were under attack!
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Oh! Lucky you! Laughing

Fireworks without a license and authorization are illegal here (due to severe abuse and misuse). But we were able to buy fireworks at certain times of the year when I was a kid. I have fond memories. Smile

I was told the there were 12tones (metric) of fireworks used for the NYE displays! I can believe it too! Was pretty Awesome, and I've seen a lot firework displays (and I spent time in the Military and saw my share of *fireworks* there - the deadly kind).

I worked for GD for a while and went to various States and visited Navel yards at Newport & Portsmouth and remember how paranoid they were! So I am sure they were not impressed by your fireworks! Wink Laughing

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:56 am

LOL, I bet. I know last year I went to illinois to see my son, 4th of july, I went to an open field and blew off a grand worth of fireworks. Police came, didn't stop me, i was surprised, they said I gave a better show than the peoria fireworks, lol
I love that time of year.

I might be getting sent to iraq next year, government consultant type work, and i might see some stuff there! Wont want to. I dodged it this year.
Work for the government for about 10 hours a week, just have to move whereever they want us to.
but at least they pay us for the moves.
Back to top Go down
WhoMe42

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Ummm... We have only just met here and don't know each other very well, sadly. I like it here because you seem to be running one of the more honest and down-to-Earth forums on scams I have come across. Smile (I only say 'seem to' because I haven't been here long enough to know for sure.) These things take time. By the same token, you don't know how *real* I am either. Smile Time will tell us both.

So, I only say this because I hate to see a good person sold a con in areas that may be outside of their normal experience. I know about Iraq. Iraq is a hellhole and very unsafe for civilians. The US Gov isn't telling people the truth when it comes to casualties. I have friends in the SAS here because of time I spent in another hellhole in the early 80's called Cambodia. They lied about that as well. Our SAS and other Aussie troops have been mostly looking after civilians. And they say the casualties are very high. So, if you do go, make sure you find out everything you can before you go! I hope they will be providing you with good security, but given the recent screwups by Blackwater and others there, I wouldn't trust the Gov an inch when it comes to Iraq.

I'm not trying to scare you, the best security you can have in a hellhole like Iraq is accurate information and knowledge. Ask a LOT of questions and demand proof! Take nothing at face value. Forewarned is forearmed. Smile Make sure you plan a quick exit strategy. Smile

I lost two good friends in Cambodia, and almost myself. And we had an SAS team looking after us. No security is perfect, even at home. Smile All we can do is evaluate the risks and make informed decisions.

Hmmm. Sorry to go off the fireworks discussion there, but given everything that's happened, I think 'fireworks' are synonymous with 'Iraq'! Laughing

Good luck anyway! Smile Feel free to email me if you want to know anything in particular. I have some contacts and can get some facts. Smile

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year to all!   Happy New Year to all! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year to all!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rip-Off-Scams :: General Chat and Introductions :: General Chat about anything-
Jump to: